9.02.2012

Pinterest Challenge - Day 2 - Cream Cheese Pound Cake

Day 2 Pinspiration - Click here for a link to my pin.   

Gotta give credit where credit is due - this pin came from Elizabeth's Edible Experience.

My Version - Cream Cheese Pound Cake with Strawberries & Whip Cream

I am not normally a baker...I have problems following directions :)  I would much rather cook where I can add a little of this and a little of that to taste.  But I volunteered to bring dessert to a Labor Day Party that we went to today and pound cake with strawberries and whip cream is always a fav of mine.  This one turned out great - just the right amount of sweetness and richness with the cream cheese.  Anything with cream cheese is worth trying in my book.

I followed Elizabeth's recipe exactly - except for the part where I didn't follow directions and added the sugar to the flour and had to try and separate them back out.  And no it wasn't easy, but it turned out okay.


Here is my little baking assistant helping me put everything together...she is a great helper especially when she gets to lick the spatula when it's done :)


I love pound cake with either lemon glaze or strawberries and whip cream....I decided to go with the 2nd option.  I macerated (fancy word for soften and get sweeter) the strawberries in sugar and let them sit in the fridge and then made homemade whip cream (yummo)!


Mascerated Strawberries & Whip Cream


Strawberries - 1 lb

2-3 Tablespoons of sugar

1 cup Heavy Cream

3 Tablespoons powdered sugar

1/2 Tablespoon Vanilla Extract

Directions:

1.  Slice strawberries and place in an airtight container.

2.  Sprinkle the sugar on top and stir until strawberries are coated.

3.  Cover strawberries and put in the refrigerator for a few hours.

4.  When ready to serve, pour heavy cream in a glass or metal bowl.

5.  Add powdered sugar and vanilla extract.  I usually give it a little taste test and add more sugar if needed about half way through.

6. Whip using a hand mixer on high until you form stiff peaks.

Cut your pound cake, top with whip cream and strawberries and enjoy!


This combo is always a crowd favorite and everyone loved it...hope you enjoy.  

Don't forget - One lucky reader will win a $30 gift card to Target.  All you have to do is follow my blog (click on the “Join my site” button under My Followers) and comment on one of my 30 day Pinterest Challenge posts.  Each comment will get you one entry for the gift card…so comment one time or every day.

Pin It

2 comments:

  1. This looks soooo good. I've seen it on Pinterest too! And I agree - anything with cream cheese is worth trying.

    ReplyDelete